DENTAL 2D/ 3D IMAGING
We have state of the art Dental CBCT at Smiles N Faces. It is a Sirona Orthophos XG 3D machine known for excellent imaging quality and low radiation dosage. Along with 3D imaging this x ray machine offers 2D radiographs including OPG and cephalograms. An advanced software integrates and stores the images for evaluation and easy retrieval.
Today cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) is a preferred imaging procedure for comprehensive orthodontic diagnosis and accurate treatment planning . The information obtained from CBCT imaging provides several substantial advantages.
1. Accurate measurements and localization of impacted teeth.
2. Accurate assessment of root parallelism which can easily be misleading in 2D xays.
3. Visualization of airway abnormalities.
4. Identifies and quantifies facial asymmetry.
5. Plan placement sites for temporary skeletal anchorage devices.
6. View condylar positions and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pathology.
7. accurate assessment of root position and root anatomy. Early diagnosis of root resorption, fenestrations and dehiscences.
8. Evaluation of developing periodontal bony defects in 3 D.
9. Orthognathic surgical planning and evaluating success and progress.
10. Treatment of cleft lip and palate patients